2022 CTM Supramax RSA Figures
2022 was another great year to be in the spot market with rates hitting their second highest annual level in eleven years! It was an exciting market with a very strong first half followed by a weaker second half with the Baltic Supramax Index averaging over $22,000 per day for a standard Supramax index-type vessel, more than double the 2011 to 2020 average of below $10,000 per day.
At CTM our pool performance was even better than the levels achieved in the spot market with our Supramax Revenue Sharing Agreement (RSA) beating the BSI by 7.6%. An index-type ship in the RSA earned around $600,000 more from the market than it would have done on a normal index-linked charter. Specifically in the fourth quarter the average monthly outperformance reached +14% as our fleet managed to take advantage of its global positioning to extract the most value out of the market.
- 17,300 days fixed worldwide.
- A standard BSI 58-type vessel earned over $8.0 million net in the RSA.
- 350 fixtures concluded in 2022, the equivalent of about 29 fixtures per month, which shows our commercial management team’s experience and strong presence in the spot market day-in, day-out.
- RSA vessels achieved a utilization rate of 94%, a high number which is one of the main advantages of pooling vessels together.
- CTM’s commercial and operations teams assisted RSA members with 16 crew changes and 10 dry docks/special surveys.
- RSA vessels carried over 18 million tonnes of cargo (over 50 different types!) and called at 97 different countries.
- We fixed with around 110 separate counterparties and 45 brokers.
- Offered our clients 24/7 service with worldwide market coverage via our chartering people in Europe and Asia.
- 37 vessel movements in 2022 (entries & exits).
Go to https://ctmmc.com/pools/supramax/ to find out more!